Register or Login
"At last, a novel and exciting advance in horse breeding which is based on sound theory and solid science. The Equilume Light Mask is sure to be of major practical benefit to the Thoroughbred breeders around the world who have the good sense to use it."
Professor W.R. (Twink) Allen, Director at the Paul Mellon Laboratory of Reproduction, Newmarket, UK
The Equilume Light Mask ™ - A Revolution in Breeding
The Equilume™ Light Mask is an innovative new method of providing artificial light to horses. The automated device provides the optimum level of blue light to a single eye to successfully advance the breeding season.
- Advances breeding season for early conceptions
- Helps to prevent prolonged gestations
- Increases average foal birth weights
- Improves coat condition for sales or competition
- Optimise stallion performance early in the breeding season
- Permits outdoor maintenance
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Allows natural behaviour for happier, healthier horses
Equilume™ is a world leader in the research and development of light therapy solutions to assist the global horse industry in maximising reproductive efficiency and performance. Headquartered in Co. Kildare, at the heart of the Irish horse industry, Equilume™ was established in 2012 as a result of pioneering research by company founder, Dr. Barbara Anne Murphy, whose academic research at University College Dublin identified the optimum light level required to advance the breeding season in horses.
To date Equilume™ has been awarded:
- Finalist, Irish Times InterTradeIreland Innovation Awards 2014, Bioscience category.
- Finalist, Trophées de l'Innovation du Salon du Cheval de Paris
- Enterprise Ireland 'One to Watch' Award
- First place in the Newbridge 200 Business Start-Up Competition.
- Runner up in the NovaUCD Campus Company Development Program
- Short listed for WMB (Women Mean Business) Woman in Technology Award